Sunday, March 2, 2008

Oh No, I Don’t Recognize Myself!

Oneday, I checked up my blood for the preparation of my labour. There was one interesting thing I caught from myself. What is that? Snaps, I don’t really know myself. Here is the story, before my blood was tested, a nurse interviewed me with many questions related to my health history. So, began with some questions such as, “ Are you alergic to some medicines? If yes, then what’s that?” I started counfused, whether I have ever alergic to a certain medicine or not. Once I ever had dizzy after consuming an antibiotic but I doubt it because I was alergic or I have not had any lunch yet at that time? Then I replied, “ How about caffein? Because I don’t like coffee. It maked my heart beat so fast.” The nurse then answered, “Oh, okay. That is the drink you don’t like because makes your heart beat so fast.” It means I didn’t answer the earlier question, I answer the one that has not been questioned!
Then again, what is your blood? I said, “I am O.” The nurse replied, “Are you sure?” Well I started (again) to think. Can my blood change into B or A or AB? Because so far I know my blood type is O since I have a blood type card that I received from my elementary school when I got my blood type checked for the first time, but it was long time ago. I doubt whether the blood type may chane due to something. Aaarrrg…I made myself counfused, I hate why I can’t say steadily. Other questions like, how much the volume of my drinking water per day, including the frequency of my pup everyday whether it’s normal or too soft or too hard, all I answered with wrinkle forehead. It means that I’m still questioning it myself.
That day, I realized that I don’t really know myself well. Knowing in term of my health history, such as how is my body reaction in a good condition and in a bad condition, how is my normal blood presure and kind of complaint when I’m not at this normal stage.
My memory back to a friend from Romania. I was interested in the way she described herself to me oneday. She briefly told me about her identity in her family, her workplace, including her hobbies and even her bad habits, the way she usualy measure herself phisically. “My blood presure normally is blablabla…when I’m not at that normal stage, I would feel blablabla…If I’m sick when I’m abroad, I will look for a hospital that I can claim my assurance in my country, etc…”
So started from that day, I wish I could have a brief and short notes about my identity. For myself at least so I have a record on my previous life, including hobbies until the healt history such as my blood type, the habit on my drinking water, anything that related to my health. I’m so embarrased when people replied me back, “Are you sure”. Id I doubt myself, how about with other people?So guys, know yourself well from now on!

No comments: